Are you ready to captain a brigade?
We need leaders who will stand up, be counted, and work together.
The Captains' program has annual classes that start in August. Applications to the program are open from March 1 - May 31 each year.
What it takes
We’re asking you to join us in pursuing our goals and actively share what you learn along the way.
What we ask
- Form a partnership with your city based on our core activities
- Host a recurring Brigade Meetup, at least monthly
- Participate in Brigade events & campaigns a couple of times a year
- Participate in hangouts and facilitated sessions with other captains
- Share the stories of your local activities with the Brigade community
- Recruit new members to CfA Brigade
- One year commitment
What we offer
- Small budget for hosting meetups, events and organizing campaigns
- Invitation to CfA Summit
- Training from the Code for America Academy
- Connections to Code for America networks
- Hosted & facilitated networking with other Brigade members
- Features in Code for America publications
- Free cloud resources for your Brigade's projects
- Free books for your Brigade's library
- @codeforamerica.org account
- Code for America track jacket & gear